NOTICE OF FIFTY- SECOND (52nd) ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Fifty-Third (53rd) Annual General Meeting of The General Tyre & Rubber Company of Pakistan Limited will be held at the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan, Auditorium, Clifton, Karachi on Monday, 31 October 2016 at 12.15 p.m., to transact the following business:
- To confirm the minutes of Fifty-Second (52nd) Annual General Meeting held on Tuesday, 29 September 2015.
- To receive, consider and adopt the Audited Financial Statements for the year ended 30 June 2016, together with Directors’ and Auditors’ Reports thereon.
- To appoint auditors for the year ending 30 June 2017 and to fix their remuneration. The retiring auditors, Messrs Hameed Chaudhri & Co.,Chartered Accountants, being eligible, have offered themselves for reappointment for the year ending 30 June 2017.
- Any other business with the permission of the Chair.
5. To consider, and if thought fit, to pass the following resolution as a Special Resolution:
“RESOLVED that Articles of Association of the Company be amended by adding a new Article 57 (4) as follows:
The provisions and requirements for e-voting as prescribed by the SECP from time to time shall be deemed to be incorporated in these Articles of Association, irrespective of the other provisions of these Articles and notwithstanding anything contradictory therein.”
6. To consider, and if thought fit, to pass the following resolution as an Ordinary Resolution:
RESOLVED that, unless specifically requested by a shareholder for a hard copy of annual audited accounts, transmission/circulation of the annual audited accounts to shareholders through CD/DVD/USB instead of transmitting the same in hard copies to shareholders be and is hereby approved.
Dated: 04 October 2016
By Order of the Board